At Johnson, Rosen & O’Keeffe, we focus on solving specific types of problems. Rather than trying to be okay at everything, we pick a few ways that we can reliably help people. We are not your average law firm. We’re different, but in a good way.
As you may have gathered from our website, we’re a small law firm. This lets us provide each of our clients with focused, individual attention. Our attorneys devote themselves to studying particular practice areas. Brooke and Josh each spend more than 90% of their time working on one practice area—family law and construction law, respectively. We are (relatively?) young, energetic, and tech-savvy, and that helps us save our clients time and money. Coupled with each attorney’s educational background and legal experience, we give our clients real help at a reasonable scale.
But enough about us. What about you?
You have a problem that needs to be solved. You need legal representation that is smart and results-oriented. You want responsive service, good advice, and experience. You don’t don’t want to be overcharged or blown off. You want to feel a real connection with your attorney, and sure…maybe even become friends?
If this sounds like you, then you are definitely Johnson, Rosen & O’Keeffe client material. We look forward to speaking with you.
- Family Law
- Civil Litigation
- Construction Law
- Consumer Protection
- Because of our small size and focus, we turn away many more cases than we accept.
- We may look young, but we have more than 50 years of combined experience.
- Most of our work comes from referrals. We are always honored when our colleagues trust us to take care of their friends or clients. We consider it the highest compliment a firm can receive.
- We are flexible when it comes to billing arrangements. Our default is an hourly rate with an advance deposit, but in an appropriate case we can offer a flat fee, a capped hourly fee, or a contingent fee.
- As far as we can tell, we are the only law firm in Roanoke with a sauna.
We don’t talk about our clients. We try very hard to protect their privacy. The only reviews we’ve included on our website are reviews that clients themselves have posted online.
- Joshua C. Johnson was designated one of the Legal Elite by Virginia Business Magazine for the area of Construction, 2014 – Present
- Brooke C. Rosen was listed as one of Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2009 – 2010, 2013 – 2016, 2018 – 2019)
- Jay O’Keeffe was listed as one of Virginia Super Lawyers 2016 – 2019 and enjoys an Avvo 10/10 rating
- Daniel R. Sullivan was listed as one of Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2016 – 2019
At Johnson, Rosen & O’Keeffe we all have lives out of the office and participate heavily in our community. Some highlights include:
- Josh Johnson has been on the Virginia Western Community College Local Advisory board since 2014 and serves as its Chair for 2018-2019
- Brooke Rosen sits on the Board of YMCA of the Blue Ridge and currently serves as Chair
- Dan Sullivan sits on the Board of the Roanoke Valley Medical Mission
- Jay O’Keeffe teaches Federal Litigation at the University of Virginia School of Law
- Brooke and Jay are both graduates of Leadership Roanoke Valley.